Visa and Tourism
Visa Application Process
Step 1: Preparation of Application MaterialsArmenian nationals are required to obtain a Japanese visa to travel to Japan.
Please complete all of the forms and documents which correspond to your visa type.
Documents for Visa Application
(1) 2 visa application forms
(2) 2 photos
(4) Certificate of employment (specified tenure period of current job, salary, job title)
(5) Documents to prove payment ability of travel expenses
• Bank certificate
• Bank statement for the last 3 months
(6) Itinerary Japan (Please check the example and fill out the form properly.)
(7) Confirmation slip for airline reservations
(8) Hotel booking confirmation
Please refer to the page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan for other visa types:
※ No visa is required for transit passengers regardless of nationality.
※ Even if one of the required documents is missing, the application will not be accepted.
※ If the information on the application form or the submitted documents are contrary to the facts, the visa will not be issued as a false application.
Step 2: Appointment Booking and Application SubmissionThe Consular Section of the Embassy of Japan in Armenia will only be available to those who made a reservation in advance.
Please make a reservation by e-mail from at least 1 week prior your desired visit date.
If you need an urgent response, please contact the Embassy by phone: +374 (11) 523010.
(1) To book an appointment, please write an e-mail to the consular e-mail address (email@example.com), which includes the following information:
E-mail subject: Application reservation (name)
【Desired date and time of the visit】
(2) We will reply to you with a reservation confirmation e-mail, so please come at the designated time.
※ Please note that reservations will not be accepted if there is no reply from the Embassy.
Step 3: Passport CollectionIn general, it takes 5 business days to issue a visa. Embassy`s holidays are not counted as "business days."
※ Sometimes the issuance of the visa may take more than 5 business days, so we recommend you to apply for a visa approximately 1 month before your departure date.
1. JAPAN VISA INFORMATION HOTLINE
2. Working Hours and Contact Information
3. Information on Visa Application and Sample Document Forms (in English)
4. Visit Japan Web Service
5. Multiple Entry Visa (for nationals of visa exemption countries/regions)
6. Foreign national coexistence policies
7. “new system” for accepting highly skilled foreign professionals