Cultural Grassroots Projects (GCGP) provides nonrefundable financial assistance to support the implementation of cultural and higher education projects. GCGP directly supports the promotion of culture at the grass-roots level and higher education in each country, while also acting as cooperation which encourages understanding of and cultural exchanges with Japan. Such projects can include the procurement, transportation and installation of equipment and construction or restoration of facilities used for various cultural and higher educational activities and the preservation of cultural heritage.
Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), Local Government, nonprofit organizations such as Universities
- Japanese language education equipment (LL equipment, etc.) for the Japanese language departments at universities
- Sound and lighting equipment for theaters
- Sports equipment for sports facilities and organizations (including martial arts)
- Audio-visual equipment for art galleries and museums
- Capability of the proponent (including track record, financial management capacity, implementation capability and monitoring system, etc.)
- Project feasibility
- Appropriateness and cost-effectiveness of the requested grant
- Necessity and impact
The grant amount per project generally cannot exceed 10 million JPY (approximately US$ 100,000)
All the required documents shall be presented in English.
DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION:
The Embassy of Japan accepts request papers on a year-round basis
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your project request papers and all supporting documents to:
Please find the GCGP guideline and application form and read them carefully before you start preparing for the application.